Time flies...

Time flies, so clichéd, so true. I still remember vividly the year when I first arrived in Canada, so ignorant yet so optimistic and hopeful. The smell of barbecue so tantalizing in the cold air, leaving an indelible mark in my memory.

I was just reading my old posts. Why am I reading my old posts? I was just re-arranging my stuff, trying to discard as many things as possible to lessen my guilt of having to fill my senior's place with my accumulated junk. Looking through some of the stuff I wrote down during the blessed days in Taylor's college - I had always complained about the heat and the lack of extra-curriculum in Taylor's college, but looking back now, I realized that it was such a sheltered haven. It thus saddens me dearly to find that I have lost contact of 2 of my favourite teachers, Mr. Sarno and Mr. Joy. Is this a sign that I should just forget about the past.

Looking at my old posts, it was as if I'm looking at a different person. Now I truly understand that people do change. I am kind of happy that I had something to remember my old self, regardless of how or into what I have changed now. Sigh.

Anyway, my current status: I don't know when NUS is going to complete my application process. Reliable sources tell me that it usually takes more than 3 months but this maybe shortened, in other words, "dunno". So I still have a lifetime of maybe 2 months in Vancouver. Currently leeching at my senior's place again with my enormous pile of steaming hot crap in the living room. Don't really know how to get rid of them, so now I'm trying to sort out which stuff I need and what I don't really need. Because university Housing forces us to leave our place on Apr. 29, which is 2 days after my final exam. Since I was studying oh so hard for them, I couldn't pack properly. That's why all my stuff are mixed around. And scrubbing kitchen floor and the insides of oven (with all those burnt stuff) ain't fun. I passed out for 10 hours last night (which is actually surprisingly short if I think about all the work I have done for the past 2 days). Sleeping for 10 hours, when I woke up I was quite late for a go-kart session with a friend, and later I was too late to sell some books to a 2nd hand book store and bla bla....

Currently in a dilemma now. I'm selling some fridges and getting some response. Frustrating thing is, the first person who asked hasn't replied since his first email and then you have 5-6 person asking for the same item. So should I just sell to the person who can pick up the earliest or wait for that slowpoke who is the first guy to reply?

Somehow I feel that I am the only person who could understand this post...

Btw, my first year English TA published a book (wow!) http://www.amazon.com/Post-Human-David-Simpson/dp/1440136874/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241146759&sr=8-1 and I'm still trying to figure out why the same book is being sold at freaking $29 on the Canadian Amazon.

0 lalalas: