Singapore breaking news: It has been raining for more than 2 hours...

Walau, just moved to the new place last night which is near Farrer Park MRT (anyone knows where that is) and which is very close to Little India which means there is a super high concentration of Indians around that area so much so that when you go to an Indian restaurant you feel like an alien (phew that was a long sentence).

The owners seem nice and pretty liberal about sharing kitchen stuff and others. There is this 7-month dog in the house leaving drool all around the place. And the place is just beside a large Indian temple (which can get a bit noisy at 6 a.m. - I think it goes on for 2 hours if I'm not mistaken - and about 6 p.m.) and a busy road (so far only certain motorcycles have been causing problems - you guys should be familiar with the really loud motorcycles right?).

But the thing that kills me is the heat. I have been living at this previous place near Bradley MRT without air-con and got used to it, but this room is on a totally different level. Have you experienced the feeling when you settling into the seat of a car parked under the sun for a long time - that is precisely what I felt when I go to sleep. I was quite surprised because I thought the place was pretty windy and the fan seems to working pretty well. Then I was checking around and I realized something - the cooling effect decreases exponentially away from the window. You see my bed is actually located at the furthest away from the windows. And if you are 2 steps away from the window it is pretty shiok but further and further than that it actually almost feels like there are no windows at all - even the fan doesn't help that much in bringing in the cooler air. So my plan is to move the bed right beside the window - even though it would partially block my door - but that's a compromise I'm willing to put up with.

Update: The guys just removed some glasses on top. So we'll see if there is any improvement..

0 lalalas: